Job Opportunity – Licensed Veterinary Medical Technician/Veterinary Assistant
Town & Country Animal Hospital is a busy, two doctor small animal/exotics practice located in McMinnville, TN. Our goal is to be warm and caring while we provide thorough and conscientious care to our patients. We have a special focus on ensuring diagnostic accuracy while maintaining affordability for all clients.
We are currently looking for a licensed or experienced veterinary technician/assistant. If you’d like to be a part of our team, please consider applying.
The veterinary technician/assistant supports our clinic’s veterinarians in providing quality and compassionate care and service to our clients and their animal companions. You will be responsible for assisting our veterinarians during examinations and surgical procedures, providing care as needed to our inpatient and outpatient clients, assisting with basic client education, ensuring the cleanliness and organization of our clinic and other duties as directed.
Our clinic is open M-F 8:00 am-5:30 pm, except on Thursday when we close at 12:00 pm. We are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Weekend care for hospitalized patients and boarders is shared equally on rotation with 3 other employees when required. This is a full-time position. Pay will be commensurate with licensure and experience.
- High school diploma or GED
- Licensed Veterinary Medical Technician (LVMT) or license-eligible preferred.
- In lieu of licensure, experience working as a veterinary assistant preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Ability to perform moderately physically demanding work, including lifting up to 50 lbs regularly
- Ability to work successfully with sick/injured animals, and ability to tolerate unpleasant odors.
- Ability to follow instructions on handling of potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics and zoonotic diseases,
- Ability to work on occasional weekends to cover necessary hospital care in rotation with other employees.
If you think you would be a good fit for our team, please send resumes to email@example.com or fill out form here.